Friday 9 December 2011

Your own orange chocolate orange

Okay. Two chocolate recipes in a row and then I think that's enough. I must talk about something hard core and tecchy next like SIM card entry systems (I do know about those, actually).

Hmm. I can't work out how to rotate this. Although I guess there's no right way up...

These are even simpler than the salted caramel chocolates because it's all done in one stage. BUT you do really need to have made the candied orange peel before that. That's the secret weapon.

The good news is that you eat far less chocolates if you've made them yourself. Promise. At least you do once the novelty has worn off.

So obviously you can do this in any sort of mould. You could even make them lolly shaped. But I just happentohave, woudln't you know it, some orange segment moulds. 

Melt some chocolate, I always use 70% cocoa but you could use more or less. Chop up some candied orange peel, really small. Then pour some chocolate into the moulds, half way, sprinkle the chopped up candied orange peel in. Top up with more melted chocolate. If you put the orange peel in first (which you can do) they will show at the top. Perfectly fine but not as pretty. That's it. Put in fridge for half an hour. Turn out. Eat. Won't make you quite as sick as a Terry's chocolate orange and much better for you.

I've checked with the Department of Health and these are officially one of your five a day...


No comments: