Tuesday 29 May 2012

An easy summer dessert

My summer dessert special. If you come to my house during berry season, this is likely what you'll get.


This is, actually, really, a dessert I invented myself. You can tell by just how imprecise everything is. It was probably borne out of that great motivator: greed.

This is what you need:

Some amaretti biscuits
Mascarpone, you need about 1-2 tablespoons per person depending on size of glass.
Some berries
Some icing sugar or agar nectar stuff
Some pretty glasses
Long spoons
Vanilla extract - not essential.

Crush the amaretti biscuits. Whip up the mascarpone with the vanilla extract. And when I say whip up, I mean just kinda loosen it with a fork. You can of course simply just spoon it from carton to glass, too.

Take some of the berries and whizz them up in a liquidiser with the icing sugar or agar nectar stuff. Just a teaspoon or so of icing sugar or a squirt of the agar nectar stuff (you can of course also use golden syrup or maple syrup if you like. Be brave!). This is for the syrupy part.

Then you just layer everything, a layer of crushed biscuits, a layer of fruit, layer of mascarpone, a bit of the syrup repeat, etc. The syrup makes things really tasty, so don't skimp on it. I like to end up with a  sprinkling of the amaretti.

You can make these in advance and bring them out at the end. With a flourish.


1 comment: