Sunday 23 September 2012

Snuggle suits, aka all in ones

Fleece snuggle suits. Be warned, they also come in adult sizes.


All in ones are an inescapable feature of your wardrobe when you're a baby. But as you get older, these frankly super useful items of apparel are jettisoned in favour of separates.

Some years ago, Gap sold waffle cotton all in ones for grown ups. Think cowboy style long johns and long sleeved vest combined, in jolly colours like red. Reader, I had some and they were fantastic. I wish I could tell you that I saved them for nights in alone. But no, I didn't.

I won't go into any further detail on this.

Last year my mother, who is able to find items of clothing I never find in shops, that my children both love and find incredibly useful, found an all in one navy PJ thing for my eldest (who is eight). Okay, it had a picture of Mickey or Minnie Mouse on it but my daughter loved it. She felt all cosy in it and it was great for after a bath in the way that draughty separates just aren't.

We live in a small, draughty house in the country and after a bath, I wanted something for my children to be able to put on that would be snug, so I was thinking: fleece. These all in ones with a front zip are so easy to find when your child is under 24 months, but over that? Forget it.

I eventually found the All in One Company.  I ordered two - made to measure as they all are. I ordered them in a colour that had chocolate in the title, because you can't really go wrong with this I thought. I was right. Although my children do look like small bears wearing them.

Do please read the sizing instructions as you can't return them unless they are faulty, but you have to order a basic 'age' size and then you can customize it so if your child has particularly long legs or arms or bodies - they can do it accordingly. The variations - colours, combination of colours, add ons (tails!?), etc, are a bit mind boggling. But you'll get there in the end.

They are all made in the UK, so they're not the cheapest you can get. But let me tell you that the customer service was INCREDIBLE and the quality of the finished items superb. The only extras I had were hoods, to keep the costs down.

No comments: